Irma Roberts has years of experience dealing with the complex process associated with immigration applications. Not only is she a skilled lawyer, she has a thorough understanding of the most recent changes in the government’s rules and regulations surrounding immigration laws in Canada.



Understanding the forms and application process is complex and time consuming;

Hiring a lawyer will help you submit a professional and complete application;

Organizing your professional life to accommodate the time it takes to complete an application in a correct and timely fashion may not be possible; and

Submitting the essential documents to Immigration Canada is necessary if you do not want to delay the processing of your visa application.

Express Entry

  • Federal Skilled Worker: based on your occupation as a physician
    • Did you know you can apply in this category without working or being licensed as a physician in Canada?
  • Canadian Experience Class: this may be an option if you have worked in Canada and you are unsure where you want to work in the future (for example: completing a residency or starting a fellowship)
  • Some provinces can Nominate you for express entry
  • Federal Trades Category.

Temporary Permits
We can assist you with any application to obtain a study permit, visitors visa or work permit application. These permits are essentially applications to extend your stay in Canada .


As a physician, it is likely you will qualify for immigration if you are currently working in Canada. The question is: to which program should you apply and how quickly can you receive your permanent residency status?
Remember, licensing and immigration are two separate issues. You may have permanent residency in Canada. Nonetheless, you may not be able to practice as a physician in Canada. Licensing of physicians is being done by the respective provincial College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Did you know that you can apply to some of these programs even if you have not lived or worked in Canada before? This is another piece of information that can be discussed in a consultation with us.


Canadians are proud to hold one of the most prized citizenships in the world. When you apply and receive your citizenship you are finally done with the work permit process and the days of extensions and multiple entry visas are over. You no longer have to apply and renew your PR Card.

In the fall of 2017 new changes will be implemented to reduce the time period spent in Canada to three years before you can apply for citizenship. Time spent before you receive your permanent residency will count to 50% up to a maximum of one year. To avoid the delays that add to processing times, it is important that you have a properly prepared application. Please feel free to contact us to book a consultation for up-to-date information and the opportunity to learn more about changes in the application process.


Irma Roberts’ legal fees are flat-fee based. This means there are no unforeseen additional legal fees based on varying hourly rates. Fees depend on the specific type of application. Please contact us for a quote and more information.

If you need more information you may schedule a consultation. We do offer a consultation using Skype, FaceTime, or WhatsApp to discuss the immigration process and requirements. We do charge a fee because we provide you with valuable information to assist you in making a decision about an immigration matter. When we feel that you may not qualify we will advise you instead of charging you for an application that will fail. We believe that it is better to receive “ bad news” and make a decision accordingly than holding out hope about working, studying or living in Canada. During this consultation we may also advise you of other options to consider when you apply for Immigration to Canada.

Typically, a consultation is approximately 1 hour. My fee per consultation is $ 350 CAD and can easily be paid by using PayPal, by cheque, or internet banking E-Transfer .

Payment Options

We are pleased to offer a variety of flexible payment options:

  • All major credit cards (including Visa, MasterCard and American Express)
  • E-transfers through internet banking
  • PayPal.

To use your credit card, please click on PayPal on the Contact Page (note: you do not need a PayPal account to pay by credit card).